Cainhoy Athletic, SharksFutbol and MySonsDad, thank you for replying.

Yes the drive, at that time of day is about 20 minutes to and another 20 minutes back in added driving time. No one makes it from SSC to Cathedral in 10 minutes, even on Sunday. But that's my personal gripe (or whining, I can admit).

As to why those clubs, its hard to say. The 5 GPS clubs obviously moved as one. Them and any one of the the other major lowcountry clubs and the others have little choice but to also move. Once that happens, others may have been invitation only.

What I don't know is what the Battery (or other clubs such as Beach United, CRFC, Charleston United, Florence, etc...) will do. The Battery have to be careful until May 1 as to what they say and do.

What is the criteria for admission to the new league? Can other clubs join? If development truly is the priority, then I cannot see why any club would be excluded that wished to join (which may in fact be the case, I don't know).

On the one hand, I agree that this is unlikely to have anything to do with Battery. After all, why would they be any more of a threat or issue than GPS?

I must say though, the timing of the announcement, two days after the Battery hold their public forum is odd, but perhaps a coincidence.

It has been known that some of the clubs were upset that Battery took over SSC. I know of one club that also reached out to SSC to merge but was rebuffed because parents thought that SSC kids would be treated as second class citizens. It also believed that the Battery did reach out to some other clubs, but those clubs declined the Battery as well.

Right now, I can only speculate because most people that come here only read and do not add to the discussion. So again, for those that offer your opinion or information. Thank You.