My own started at SSC.... My oldest literally scored 500 goals in the SSC in house league. He was there from 3-8, and it was fun as a parent watching him score 8 goals a game,,, I didn’t have a soccer background,,,but the more I learned and read... I quickly realized that it was because he was just bigger and faster. Every coach/dad he had in the in house league just put him up top and let him outrun everyone.... the more we learned,,, we knew he wasn’t going to get any better that way... my wife and I went to the first meeting that SSC had about their academy, and we realized they truly had no developmental curriculum. He was going to have another dad who was basically winging it.... we knew then that footskill wise and speed of play wise that we needed to move him.... long story short—- we made the trip over the bridge for a few years.,,, until Gps got here and gave him a viable option on this side of the river.

That being said, every club certainly has its issues and the grass isn’t always greener,,,, but for our family,,,, moving them has been a blessing.. My guys have never had the coaching that they have now. My oldest has been played In big tournaments in 7 different states and Europe all a smaller fee than other local clubs. Just my 2 cents.