I just got off the phone with someone from the Battery. They did not reply to my email because they can't put somethings in writing. I will try to summarize a few key points we discussed:

1. The Battery is fully aware of the new league as well as the one announced today by SCYS. Although they can't prove it, they do feel it was created to exclude and isolate them. As they asked me, "why wasn't Summerville invited given their facilities alone are much better than most of those other clubs?"

2. Over 330 kids have registered so far for tryouts. That is more than 5x what SSC had at this point last year. Only 16% of those are from Summerville.

3. The new league is "players first" yet 26 kids can be on the roster for a 7v7 team. 18 year olds can coach u14 and 21 year olds can coach u18.

4. The national headquarters of the league is based here in Charleston, SC. The CEO is a season ticket holder with the Battery.

5. Some other clubs have certain pieces of info TBD because they poached coaches whose contracts with SSC have not passed yet.

6. The club assured me that The Battery will have a positive game day experience. There are certain things about the new league that they don't like but they have a decision to make and when they can, they will communicate with everyone and try to be as transparent as possible.