I don’t know that the clubs had to provide specifics for the decision to form a new league. The CPL was advertised and it seems celebrated by those clubs weeks before tryouts. Parents ultimately were able to decide if they wanted to be a part of the new league based on where they accepted a position.

For selfish reasons, I am very excited about the new league. My sons coach, coached multiple teams. Because of the schedules, he had to decide weekly which games he could attend. The previous scheduled worked for a coach that only had 1 team, but not for coaches with multiple teams.

I also think it’s important that the clubs are the ones in charge. I appreciate what the state association had done, but my son’s club are the ones with their boots on the ground working with the kids. Hopefully they are better able to make decisions about development than any association.. Again, this philosophy may not work for all.... but ultimately as a parent, I decide where I write the checks and which system I think fits for my guys!