Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
I was unaware that USA/MP was subsidized by the township. I know the town owns the fields at Patriots Pt and the Carolina Park complex out by the airport. Does USA/MP lease any of those fields or pay a usage fee? Is the competition for their use?

MPRD is an affordable alternative that still plans to play in the Coastal league. I have no idea what their numbers look like.

I assume USA/MP will be fine, but Cainhoy Athletic seems like a good alternative if the cost goes up significantly. MPRD is much less expensive, but like I said, I don't know much about it.

I thunk you might understand the effects of this. Mount Pleasant Soccer Club booster org(the backer to all the various travel soccer club names) has been subsidized since 98 but this is about the contract they had with town of mt p while they were known as SCUMP. It was signed in 2011. It said they get sweetheart deals on field fees and maybe first dibs on access. That will be shared without prejudice now by all other MPRD orgs, including MPRD soccer and a growing LAX demand. And the prior contract said that MPRD can't have teams over u14 which is ending. That means another low cost option that will likely draw back Cainhoy kids and coaches that were looking for less costly options in addition to taking fields away from USAMP.

In the meeting minutes for the town, Matt Job, one of the Mount Pleasant Soccer Club booster executives suggests to the MPRD heads that they won't be able to even survive if they have to support the costs of the Awendaw land purchase and improvements as well as increased cost of fields.