All,

Can someone correct me if I am wrong as I know you are all aware of the new 24 total JV / 26 total varsity game maximum, but strikes me a little odd about when now scheduling to include tournaments, that you have to essentially legislate for your team making the final of every tournament you enter. So you need to be very clear of the format and seeing as many have the standard 3 group game, 1 semi and 1 final, then you are adding potentially 10 to your schedule. However, if you don't make it past the group stage, then you are down 4 games for that season ( assuming 2 tournaments) that you could have scheduled before and not gone to that tournament. Its a shame because I feel that many coaches will perhaps forego the tournament option in the future in favor of guaranteed games which many use for fundraising. Have I got this wrong? Just thinking out loud here.

I know we were at 24 max last year PLUS 2 tournaments and so perhaps the jump to 26 was to mitigate this but doesn't account for most tournaments having a semi and a final. Not a big deal perhaps but certainly does make a dent in scheduling, especially to the regions who already have an 8 team region and are already at 14 games off the bat. Two tournaments and your JV is already done. Non region opponents are great for getting playoff looks and a different test than what you already know year after year.

Might come to like it after this year but initial thoughts are that I'm not a big fan.

Any thoughts from the crowd ?