Good evening,

This email is an update regarding our cross country situation with the SCHSL.

Coach Chuck DiZinno of Class A Ridge Spring-Monetta got a runner back from injury today, allowing him to contact the SCHSL to add him to their roster--bringing RSM to a full 5-runner team on the boys' side. They would then be the 12th full team in Class A, precluding the need for combination of Class A and AA EVEN BY THE INCORRECT SCHSL 12-school standard. The SCHSL rules allow for the submission of a late registration form for the postseason with a $25 fee. (Rule 7 h on page 30 of the rulebook)

Without explanation, and after consulting with her supervisor, Ms. Nessie Harris informed Coach DiZinno that despite his offer, the Class A and AA XC boys postseason would still be combined.

The opportunity, provided by Ridge Spring-Monetta, was there today for the SCHSL to save face while allowing our A and AA boys a fair shot at their postseason. The lack of explanation along with this denial further underscores the total lack of accountability demonstrated by the SCHSL. They are not accountable to their rules, they are not accountable to their member schools. It is NOT too late to re-adjust the schedule to put the Class A boys' race back in. It is not too expensive to hand out allstate ribbons, medals, and trophies--that are almost certainly already purchased. There is just no acceptable rationale for their continued action against our runners and schools.

With the SCHSL further revealing today their apparent animosity towards small school XC athletes, it is even more important that we keep up the pressure through our state legislators. I have passed the information about the events of today along to my own representatives, and I hope that you consider doing the same.

Thank you for doing all you can to affect change.

Joel