Originally Posted By: SharksFutbol
While there's still an obvious agenda in some of these posts regarding CBSC/CPL, I'd really tell you all to take Cainhoy's advice on some of these matters & ask your club leadership and see what they tell you

Guilty as indirectly charged. However, if someone is from a non-CPL club, what can their club leadership tell them other than opinion or conjecture? Coach, it is disingenuous to imply that non-CPL parents, coaches, etc...can get the answers internally from their own club. Do you think Beach United, CBSC, ECSC, Walterboro, Chas Utd, etc... were at the initial meetings of CPL formation? How would any of them know enough to give well informed answers?

What do we say when asked by a parent, "Why aren't we in the CPL playing against the other big clubs?"
Club says something like, "uh, we were not invited to join the CPL."
Parent, "why not?"
Club, "crickets."

The only people that have the answers are those Club Directors/Boards in the CPL and its Director. The exception would be those clubs that were there and declined to join. Are there any clubs that did decline after being engaged to join and went to the meetings? The fact that Cainhoy has the guts to engage even a little bit is commendable and respect him for it.

So yes, there may be an "agenda," but that does not make the questions posed less legitimate. The formation of the CPL has created unnecessary division. Not because of its existence, but because of its exclusionary practice and lack of transparency. Instead of answering questions in order to maintain its opaqueness, we get 'conspiracy theorist' insults to deflect from actual, truthful answers.

By how the CPL chose to form and exclude others, hundreds of kids are not getting the best experience they could have. The CPL told clubs they could apply to play in the Spring of 2019. The application was posted in August. At least one club applied and was told, we aren't taking new clubs for Spring 2019 because the season has already been scheduled out. Then why have the application and make that an option? I am throwing my BS flag on that answer.

So I think it is fair to ask: Will the CPL open their doors to new clubs? What is the criteria? Shouldn't parents know that before choosing where their kids will play in the future? Is that really too much to ask?