Shamrock, you’ve made some very good & legitimate points. As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t know why they put a spring application up when, from what I gathered from the information that was given to us coaches who asked, there weren’t any plans to add any new clubs in the spring. I do know that in the fall they will take new clubs & im sure CBSC is on top of the list as far as clubs wanting to get in.

I can’t speak on the league or the clubs involved. I know that personally I’ve been pretty content w/ the CPL & expect it to grow with new clubs in the fall. While I don’t think it’s for every club in the state (and that’s a didcssuiom I think has been had on this site before), I do think if a club fits what the league is looking for & applies and meets the requirements, then they should join and hopefully provide quality teams to maintain the level of play for each division the league offers.

Should any club be able to apply and be given a fair lol to join? Absolutely, and I think that to be the case. Should every club that applies be allowed? Nope. As unfair as it may sound, some clubs wouldn’t be able to compete in the league & would probably end up hurting their club more than help. I’m sure club directors around the state can view their clubs & figure out which league best suits what they’re trying to accomplish.

I’m all for competition & there being more than one way to skin a cat. I’m also one for fairness to the game’s development in the state. I’m curious to see what club(s) join the CPL in the fall, and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if a particular club becomes a part.

In the meantime, we’ll continue this dialogue. Just don’t ask me any questions because if Cainhoy, who’s a boss man, can’t answe them.....then I DEFINITELY can’t answer them lol

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com