Ouch, sorry for delay, just dusting myself off a bit...

For 123D...

If ever I said teams couldn't join CPL because of set schedules, I do not recall. Furthermore if I did, I must be wrong (and certainly not the first time) since we asked for some changes between fall and spring. In fact as I have said numerous times, I will not say anything about league policy or decision making we do not own (i.e not CASC) so would be surprised if I did say that.

You are correct our messaging does not run through a DOC 'per se'. Important (administrative) messaging at our club runs through team managers and coaches (usually from Board/President) and in this case (summer 2018 CPL messaging) was well shared through in-person meetings in local hotel/watering holes and internal FAQ / written material to help those in team leadership roles share information with their families what was changing. And why CASC had opted to join the CPL for our Junior Academy program (about 40% membership).

Again I apologize if any of these folks jumped to threats or falsehoods directed at other clubs or holding hostage players. Our FAQ even included advice to refer folks to their current leadership if asked by external parties about 'foreign' clubs and what they were doing (we tried to make the point its not our business).

On nonprofit/volunteer. My point was that our fee structure limits what we can, and do provide to our membership. Sorry for conflating IRS and State reporting definitions with that point. All I was trying to say is that other clubs have better administrative support than we do and willingly cede that.

If you want to discuss anything else about our club or policies, feel free to reach out privately. It is certainly not for everyone, but we feel we have a market or need to serve that is looking for lower cost option with access to quality competition but to do that, we have to sacrifice a few things, usually seen or done better at other organizations. Please don't try and compare us to USA/MP, CESA, SCUFC, DSC, CBSC, etc. simply apples and oranges.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong