Just like players, coaches don't always work out for respective clubs. Each have their own motivation, and in our case, I think it fair to say at least some parents felt it was a 'bait and switch' based on information I received and felt unduly pressured to pony up at quite an intimate level.

Whether they follow or not usually is the result of group thinking more than individual choice. If a coach moves from any club, they generally attract at least a core of existing players (and why there are strict rules about that in place from SCYS and CPL). But once a few leave, it usually means a team disbands, the lights come on and the team departs like cockroaches in the light.

There is an old maxim in this world that goes something like "you get what you pay for" and in general I would agree with that sentiment with one exception, and that is with a volunteer or person willing to work for less than the going market rate. Our success at a team level within our club usually isn't tied to the most expensive coach. Ironically we often pay professionals to take our lower level teams as those are the teams that are typically hardest to staff with qualified volunteers.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong