My opinion about CPL schedules and our experience.

I think it has been a learning lesson for all with annual schedules and 'wisdom' of that. My bet is that pressure and lessons learned will force a rethink moving forward in order to better support divisional moves, adding (not uncommon for us in spring), or losing teams mid-year. At least I hope we work on a better system to minimize the disruption and late change you are describing. Several of our teams did see a shift in schedules between December and January (club placement issue as much as league), and I can see how that could be causing some angst at the team level, although these changes are made with player experience front and center and will work out better in the end.

Thinking about the broader concern about exclusion, how about this for an 'out of left field' ramble...

I can't help but wonder if having two leagues isn't in the necessary interest of youth soccer in the coastal district (right now, at least for some). CBSC isn't the only other club NOT in CPL and looking back at the fall, it appears two leagues can be supported and together include all known teams. I know early on several on here were lamenting what will happen to the smaller clubs if CPL grows and I can't help but wonder that now. If CBSC leaves Coastal for CPL (or anywhere else), what would be left? Would there still be enough mass to support everyone else? Having two leagues and choice for divisional play, doesn't prevent teams playing in (open) tournaments. Is it that bad to have adjacent activities at these younger age groups (where in most cases scores and results are secondary (not even published))?

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong