Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
It looks like you math is correct,,, but if you look at the full year, it works out. I think most of the younger gps maroon team tended to play more of their games in the spring than in the fall. I am assuming because the coaches didn't have an older team they had to schedule around in the Spring. We were told from the beginning that the schedule was a year long schedule... I also know that the younger teams all played numerous friendlies that would not have been included on the cpl schedule.

If we are looking strictly at minutes as a metric,,, As a parent I would want quality minutes. In the youngest division of the coastal league.... 7 out of 10 teams are CBSC team. I don’t have a clue as to their quality,,, but I would imagine playing the 5th, 6th or 7th CBSC team would not be the same atmosphere as playing the top scufc, usamp or discovories teams.

I only pointed out the minutes because you stated that expense for number of games and value. Strictly speaking to that point alone, the new format offers better value, not less.

As to quality of games (or quality opponent played) that is an altogether different issue. I try to look at it from both the 7v7 and 9v9 level.

I cannot speak to the number of games the new league will have in the Spring. I do not believe that has been stated. I do like the format better, at least on paper, but will have to see it played out to form a final opinion.

Finally, if you are only looking at the quality of opponents from the top teams perspective and conclude the Coastal has a lot of weaker teams, then by that very same criticism, if your son/daughter plays on a weaker team, the Coastal offers far better competition choices than CPL.