Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
Apologies all. I have tried to refrain for a while now about addressing this on the boards. However, I can’t help myself here.

Chuck, I don’t think you can point to where David said there was no intention of allowing additional teams into the league. Maybe he has, but I do not recall it. He has consistently referred people to their own club leadership or US Club Leadership for answers. BTW, good luck getting answers there.

The fact is initial enrollment in the CPL occurred just before CBSC became sanctioned. Surely a coincidence. Do you think if the other clubs wanted CBSC in the CPL, they could have moved the initial application time a week or two? I think we know the answer.

The fact is the CPL had an application online for the Spring. That is not in dispute.

The fact is CBSC applied for the Spring and was denied. The reason given was the schedules were set.

Subsequently, teams were promoted/relegated and the “set schedule” was changed to accommodate them

Not one person here has been able, or least willing, to satisfactorily explain why CBSCs application was denied. CBSC has the fields to play on and more kids/teams than several clubs in the CPL. CBSC has new leadership, so they have hardly had a chance to upset other clubs that much. Why wouldn’t they want CBSC?

And what is the response from some other club supporters when this pointed out? Well, if you can’t argue with the facts, you open the Propaganda and politics 101 playbook and deflect, using conspiracy accusations to undermine those facts.

I’m sure it’s about the kids though. That has to be why. I’ll take my tinfoil hat off now and allow myself to be educated on how its just a misunderstanding and that I have it all wrong.

The CPL schedules were for the year when they came out but I believe this has already been stated. I’m not sure what spring registration you are referring but for the 2010s-2007s on the girls side the schedules released in the fall were for the year. As for your comment about why certain clubs didn’t do the cbsc tourneys, again, the schedules were already set including several GPS tourneys and USA as well as a Savannah tournament iirc ( edit that may have been prior to season start)