Those are good questions. That have hopefully been put to rest.

The Battery offered kids a chance to go to Dallas cup, no strings attached. It was just an offer. I guess they could have told the organizers "no, the local clubs will get angry if we offer this opportunity to the kids." Some clubs told their kids if they went, they might not have the same status on their team anymore. Some kids went some didn't. One USAMP leader went so far as saying the kids shouldn't go because the kids here would get killed and it would ruin them. I'm not sure who that speaks ill of, but i get your point and think it probably scared/annoyed some clubs that kids were given the choice. Side note: the team didn't win a game. They didnt get embarrassed, but they were beat pretty soundly I heard. But they got to talk to Brad Guzan who said his experience getting hammered at the Dallas cup as a young player made him realize he needed to work much harder on his game to succeed. He did both.

Not sure about the other rational as DISA and Cainhoy boys teams are at best on par with CBSC boys and they are in the league. We'll see what happens.

The CPL would be better off having CBSC in the league if not just to have enough fields to play games on next year. Right now some CCSD middle school or elementary fields are the only hope aside from the Baptist Church and Trident.