Originally Posted By: Chuck607
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
CBSC older teams will be playing in state leagues. They were not admitted to the CPL. Admission criteria must not care about size of club or quality of performance.

For me, this discredits any argument that the league is for the top clubs when top clubs apply and are excluded for non-soccer/performance related issues. The league is certainly not merit based.

Consider the u-11 and u-12 Fleet teams. Arguably the best in the state at their respective ages. Excluded. But if those same girls, with the same coach, were listed as another club, they would be in.

The CPL does a disservice to its members when it denies their own member clubs the opportunity to play certain quality teams for business/political reasons.

CPL iirc is for under age 12. The new SCCL is for older U13 and up and I would have to assume you would need to apply for that outside of CPL no? Lol at the comment about the Battery getting DA. On the girls side, there’s maybe a small handful of players that guest play for a few DA teams, maybe another 10-12 that play for CESA and SCUFC ECNL. I don’t believe the Battery will get DA let alone ECNL and of the two, here in the southeast, ECNL is the better option and I’m saying that with experience in both as well as feedback from those parents currently making those practices and games happen.

The application process is a farce. Note the CPL website still posts the same Spring 2019 application they have had since August 2018. There is no defined criteria for admission to either league ( if you think there is, please show evidence to support). Perhaps you assume non US Club clubs were even offered an opportunity to participate in the SCCL. Per Occam’s Razor, I think the evidence points to CBSC not being given a chance to participate. Of course one may be of the opinion that CBSC did not want to be a part of the vastly superior CPL and SCCL (or so I hear). Why do you suppose CBSC is not in either league this time?

Personally, I don’t have a problem with clubs getting together to form a league of similarly capable clubs to create the best game day environment they can. My issue is when some equally capable/competitive clubs are deliberately excluded for the sole purpose of protecting business (read $$$). Said exclusion makes it clear the decision is not about kids or, best practice or player development. It is about keeping your job and the parents money. Let’s not get it twisted.

I agree that CBSC will not go DA based on conversations I have had, but that is a choice on CBSCs part. They are already approved, but are not ready.

The Battery have a rolling application for the ECNL. I don’t know what that means, but if their 07s and 08s girls continue to win, I wouldn’t be so sure they don’t get in. They are the best girls teams in the low country at their respective ages, and it really isn’t close.

I won’t debate the merits of DA vs ECNL. You could talk to 100 ‘experts’ and find half favor one and half favor the other.