My point (and maybe ShamrockRovers’ point) in talking about the CBSC coaching and players is not to claim they are all the best (or other clubs are all the worst), but to demonstrate that the level of coaching, teams and players at CBSC is, at least, consistent with clubs in the CHS area. Given that all the requirements of the CPL application are met by CBSC except for the needed votes from the Directors of Coaching of the current CPL clubs, we all understand the obvious: A club (or clubs) don’t want CBSC to have access to them. So that’s that.

I’ll let the parents at those clubs decide if they think that is proper adult behavior and make up their minds accordingly. Some of the folks here are correct. There is another option and CBSC will be ok without CPL. Three great practices each week following a professional curriculum far outweighs a CPL v Coastal game difference. Would I like to play my friends’ kids? Sure. I’ll have to settle for that in tournaments. Would other CBSC parents like their child’s club to be in CPL? Likely yes, maybe for the same reason.

The actual problems that CPL Clubs said would be solved: scheduling issues, cancellations, field changes, uneven competition haven’t been solved, so the difference is just that little variety in league games. Weighed against the issues that parents currently in the CPL have mentioned to me as a reason for their angst, that’s not a big deal.