Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC
Coach JB.. they wouldn’t. It’s only a CBSC talking point that the SCCL is below Challenge.

LC, I have asked you, both here and in your messages, what I believe are fair questions, which you choose to ignore. I understand why CBSC parents have attacked USA/MP more vociferously than some other clubs and can understand why that would seem unfair.

I can tell you that my credibility was attacked last summer when I pointed out that the CPL was formed, in part, to exclude and isolate CBSC by some clubs to protect their own interests. In light of recent events, it appears that said purpose of exclusion seems more plausible than ever. Do you not think CBSC parents have a reason to miffed? Are you willing to state that USA/MP was in fact welcoming of CBSCs inclusion? Lobbied on their behalf? By your very argument, it doesn't matter how any clubs voted, if USA/MP voted "no".

The feeling many have, fair or unfair, is that USA/MP (the most successful overall club in the LowCountry) will go to extraordinary means (some think questionable) to protect its status. Other clubs do too, but USA/MP has the biggest, best reputation, so they are the easiest target. Additionally, MP in general has a reputation of getting its way (ask anyone at 75 Calhoun). How you feel about this may come down to how much you think club soccer is about soccer first, kids first, or business/money first.

Myself, I don't know the CBSC talking points. I know that my only reasonable options based on his age, given work and traffic schedules, limits my son to only two clubs (CBSC and GPS). I chose the one that was most convenient. In all ways, my son and I were pleased with the experience. I am sure he would have had an excellent experience at GPS as well, but it is more of a hardship.

What was disheartening, was that other clubs, for political or financial reasons, chose to create a separate league (much like a deseg. private school or country club), thereby diminishing the game day experience for non-members. I suppose we have our 'separate but equal' (but not really) league. And for those clubs that are not desirable members of CPL, well, those parents can take their kids to CPL clubs, right? What crappy choice.

I predict that 2-3 more clubs will be asked to join the CPL in part to further strangle the state leagues. And then, when there are not enough non-CPL teams to form a sufficient enough quality league what then? Too bad, so sad, they can join the 14% decrease in American youth soccer from last year.

USYS and US Club Soccer are at war. The US Club Soccer National Headquarters is right here in Charleston. Coincidence? The CPL (Carolina Premier League) is one of just nine such leagues nationwide (source: https://www.usclubsoccer.org/premier-leagues

As I said, USA/MP has an excellent history. Be proud. Defend their reputation. I just ask in return, that you acknowledge that CBSC, as well as some other clubs, have every reason to feel they have been jobbed, and that USA/MP is as responsible, if not moreso, than any other club.