Originally Posted By: SharksFutbol
I would love for SC Soccer to have a promotion/relegation system, but I don't see that happening in my lifetime as too many schools are still stuck in the 70s with their thinking regarding the athletic programs.

I have spoken to many about a Pro/Rel system. Even researched and studied a few other states with multipliers and similar ideas. Sadly, it is something that AD's will not move away from. Football is the primary breadwinner for school athletic departments. While I wish administrations were more open-minded, football and their supporters have helped in providing the venues at which we get to play the beautiful game.

The bigger question that would come about is, how would you divide gender up? (Specifically if we look just at soccer) Would you have them on seperate competition levels or would you put them together and combine them on a point system? Some schools would not be able to support that would probably be the argument from the SCHSL. I've had some ideas but unless you know someone or have pull yourself, no change will happen because no one will listen to soccer coaches.....

look at the ball situation as an example for that.