Originally Posted By: scsoccerstar
I think the whole Charleston Battery organization is in disarray and this will affect the youth portion of that club as well. They have basically thumbed their nose at the rest of the Lowcountry by saying, "do it our way or else". Now with no home for the professional club and just a presence in Summerville at a rag-tag facility and this is going to be interesting. The Battery were a great club for S.C. to support for 25 years but started to lose their way with the Development Academy and the allure of the almighty dollar. Happens to the best of us! Good luck Charleston area youth soccer!

First, let me say welcome to the boards and contributing.

To some of your points:

1. I will concede that the Battery appear to be in disarray. I believe some very positive announcements are forthcoming very soon. Spoken as a STH.

2. I wholly disagree with the “do our way or else” perception. The fact is that several lowcountry clubs approached the Battery about being a part of the youth set up and they were not interested. It was only until USYSA mandated Division 2 clubs have an academy did they form CBSC. So I am not sure where you derive this opinion from.

3. I am doubtful there is a single club, outside of possibly JIYSC, that would not trade their field situation for the “rag tag” fields in Summerville. Also, keep in mind that the Battery are currently turfing their new facility on DI. Their facility situation is second to none in the LC. Hardly seems like a move by an organization that is in complete disarray.

As for the money piece, I concur, they like most clubs, put a premium on that. DM me if you want more details.