I asked our trainer and this was the response I got. I thought it was interesting.

"We stopped doing baseline testing a couple of years ago for the following reasons:
In the last concussion summit (they have them every 3-5 years) all the came to a consensus agreement that baseline testing is not necessary.
Repeat testing (after having a concussion) results have a high rate of false negatives. Due to the learning curve of the tests athletes do better even with mild to moderate concussions. There were athletes testing better but were still in the recovery phase. These tests were actually creating confusion "Why can't I play. I did better than my baseline test." Some were even being cleared based of the test results which later resulted in more severe concussions.
Our doctors at MUSC agreed not to continue baseline testing mostly for the above reasons.
More and more medical groups are moving away from baseline testing but there are still a few groups who continue to it. We at MUSC are on the front line of concussion studies."