A lot of interesting suggestions. I know they arent going to get away from regions divided by size. Football will drive any decision that is made. Lso, I cant see those schools moving away into scisa either. The schsl would not want to lose the money, and with a few exceptions, scisa athletics are pretty bad. Also, If schools like Oceanside, Bishop England and Academic Magnet (In spring sports) were to suddenly enter scisa. They would absolutely dominate. I think their would be a lot of push back from the traditional SCISA schools.

Hanahan/Branchville/Broome and a few other schools have fought this fight for years,,,,, it was never addressed because it wasn't affecting the bigger schools. Now that the bigger schools are losing kids, it will be addressed.

I don't know any way that is fair other than using a multiplyer. Smaller schools may actually benefit if the charter and private schools leave. When is the last time a traditional small town school has won a state championship in soccer? I remember a 1A state championship that ended 13-0.

and yes,,, Ashley Ridge has long used their programs to be able to get athletes in from throughout DD2. But that doesn't bother be as much as the new state charter schools that have absolutely zero attendance lines competing against school that do.