Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think I heard the football coach at Oceanside say that they do have an attendance zone and if players come from that zone they have to sit out a year. Is that true?

Let me attempt to clear this up on attendance at the charter schools, since I'm at Gray Collegiate Academy (GCA) in West Columbia. GCA is a sister school of both Oceanside Collegiate Academy (Mt. Pleasant) and Legion Collegiate Academy (Rock Hill) under the ownership of Pinnacle Charter -- http://pinnaclecharteracademies.com/

For SCHSL purposes, geographically, GCA resides in the Lexington Two School District attendance zone (Airport HS & Brookland-Cayce HS), although we are governed by the Charter Institute at Erskine. Under this arrangement, student-athletes (grades 9-12) from AHS or BCHS could move to GCA and be eligible for athletics immediately at the varsity level and vice versa as well.

However, as a statewide district, charter schools can have students attend from all over the state, but with parameters. For instance, if a student-athlete is a 10th grader from a school district other than Lexington Two (i.e. Lexington 1 or Richland 1) and transfers to GCA mid-year, that student can only participate at the sub-varsity (JV) level at GCA, until the following year when they would be eligible for varsity. If a student enrolls at GCA prior to 9th grade (cannot attend their home zone school at all), that student may participate a the varsity level as a freshman. However, if they attend even one day at their home zone school, they establish their eligibility at that institution. Of course, there are no public school buses provided to charter schools, so transportation is up to the students attending.