Championships can always be belittled by anybody for any reason - not saying that is right or wrong, but that’s how the world works. I do t think any kid who has been on a championship team at a “lower level” has less pride in their accomplishment than a player at a “higher level”....

Travel in region play could be lessened by playing 1 region match with schools instead of 2. The games mean more because there are less of them, and has more impact. That way region games could be scheduled on Fridays or weekends (non-school nights).

I disagree with teams being bumped up “unfairly” after a large class graduates. That can be worked around through by looking at a team’s record over a period of time. Basically like the reclassification we have now every few years - instead of population, it’s based on performance.

Also, most schools in this state that are “soccer schools” usually have lots of history and tradition behind them of being successful - I’m sure schools like Wando have bigger graduating classes and seem to be fine every year maintaining their standard of performance. Suffice to say, we always seem to see the same schools playing deep into the playoffs, anyway: Wando, JL Mann, Bishop England, Academic Magnet, etc.

Conversely, would a championship at the highest level of a pro/rel system mean more than a championship at the lower level? Why yes....that would be the point of keeping score, no?