Originally Posted By: Snicklefritz

Yes, get rid of regions and go to Geographic conferences with everyone needing a region if they want one!!!!
Boiling Springs to Mauldin, Dorman, etc and Clover, FM, NAFO to Northwestern and Rock Hill seems to make a lot more sense doesn't it??? The problem is trying to artificially fit 40 teams into regions that don't make sense. And I am not in favor of pro/rel.

I do have a question, how many students at our largest 5A schools play sports?

For all sports or just soccer? There are winners and losers in each scenario.

Wando has 175 kids come out for boys soccer every year. Almost all of them play club. The 150 or so boys they cut are more boys than most all the boys enrolled at most 1A schools.

Every school in 1A through 5A can offer the same amount of teams. Military Magnet has a coed team with few if any kids that play on club. Cross and St. Johns are similar. They are in the same geographic locale as Wando, Academic Magnet and BE. They are no where close to level playing fields. Same conference?

Green Sea Floyd. I think they would prefer the current status then play Conway, Socastee, MB and NMB regularly.

Similar discrepancies exist in the Southeast with Allendale Fairfax, Whale Branch, Battery Creek, May River, Hilton Head, Beaufort and Bluffton.

Would you include Chesnee, Blacksburg, Landrum in that same conference with Boiling Springs, Mauldin, Dorman?

No easy answers, though I do appreciate the discussion.