Cainhoy Athletic participates in many meetings and efforts to improve soccer opportunities for our members, just last week I attended three (3) separate in-person meetings with 3rd parties. But a little stretch to say we are part of a merger (after all, who would want our financial model and fields).

I think what you are referring to is the one where an idea is being suggested to create an independent unit to host the most talented players from our area (in U13+ ages) to participate in the highest level of play attainable by said consolidation. A little easier on the girls side as there is less question as to what that competition may be (ECNL). Boys might argue DA, USL, NPL, National League, etc. and a little messier but to answer your question, yes we (along with most larger low country clubs) participated in that meeting and will again if invited to see where that goes.

I would not consider this a merger though. Candidly as you probably know, most the top talent already filters off (from many sources) to single teams or clubs anyway, and for us, the impact will likely look the same. Of course, if that top tip of the pyramid does offer better competition and more unity, then that is a good thing.

At minimum our club will operate and support play within State leagues where existing structure provides ample runway for our coaches and teams

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong