Originally Posted By: Chuck607
Originally Posted By: Vic

Did USA have girls go to play in college this year? Of course, but so did Carolina FC and Furman, but to make a statement that both GPS and MP surpassed Columbia’ ECNL recruiting process is a bit of a stretch even for you tho, and I’m from the Upstate haha. It’s all good...take a deep breath

Lol I’m breathing! No stretch here, don’t let the league fool you. As someone fully immersed in collegiate soccer here I can tell you that those two clubs had more kids get offered/commit than their ECNL counterpart in Columbia. Hell one of those GPS coaches even worked some magic to get one of his/her former players that had moved to cbsc. But let me go back to being angry and not breathing lol

No worries about me Chuck. I quite enjoy the fireworks you guys have going on in Chucktown. Some entertaining stuff. Your reply did get me a bit intrigued and since we get to play SCUFC twice a year plus all this time on my hands now due to this pandemic going on, I decided to scan the social media to see how accurate your college signing info really is at Gps NASA, USA, and In Columbia. Now some clubs are more active on social media than others so this is obviously not bulletproof by any means. Also, any kid pursuing their dream of playing college soccer should be congratulated and we all understand that not all those graduating players on ECNL or premier teams decide to play at the next level for many reasons even if they had offers. Some of the older ages are mixed groups due to birth year and graduation year being different.

GPS NASA seemed to have 5 players continuing to play which is excellent to see. Well done to those ladies and their coaches for getting them to this level.
USA MP social media doesn’t seem to be well updated and seems hard to find any info about any kids going anywhere but knowing how strong those Wando, AM and BE teams were I’m positive multiple girls are continuing to play. As you stated you are more into the college scene so I’m sure you know better than me.
Scufc has 7 21s currently posted, 8 20s from ECNL and numerous premier players as well.

So there’s no misunderstanding, this isn’t anti Coast recruiting post promoting ECNL. There’s only so much Netflix you can watch so I decided to follow up on your statement. You seem to know a lot more than me about what’s going on with the older groups and college scene in Charleston. Let’s just hope we get back to the fields soon!!