Lots of discussion on Twitter about proposals being made for the future. Here is one that was submitted by a colleague:

I assume you are still on the board for the SC Soccer Coaches Association.

I wanted to touch base with you about the schedule that the football association has submitted. Here are my objections:

1. Like you/your brother mentioned on twitter. If seasons are cancelled, they are cancelled. Do not move anything. The response was that without football profit, there are no other sports. Untrue.
https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20090713/news/801231438
Ask for school to produce a detailed audit of ALL money; including coaching stipends and AD/Assistant AD positions. Then the league should be asked if you take 2 games of income away what happens.

2. More athletes participate in spring sports. If we are doing what is best for the students, it should be the majority of students and since many football players participate in a spring sport they will still be served.

3. What happens for baseball, softball and girls lacrosse if the fall is then cancelled? They lose two seasons.

4. Since not playing football will not be an option for the ADs (for NO good reason), swap the entire 3rd and 4th season. Put soccer, boys lacrosse, etc from Jan 25 - April 2 and put football, cheer, volleyball, girls lacrosse (football can share the field), baseball and softball to the end. This would allow us to start pre-season as soon as we get back from winter break jan 11 - 22 (including scrimmages), play 16 games (2 per week) and have a full 2 weeks of playoffs. This would allow the fields to be in good shape for soccer, as the surface is actually important for us. It would allow us to have a full season and our season wouldn't be interrupted by spring break (which they conveniently didn't mention was one of our 10 weeks) or prom and graduation. Football can deal with those since they didn't already lose a season.

That would be a compromise and not just saying no which will never happen. Don't know if you could get baseball, softball, lacrosse, etc coaching associations on board with this. If all of the spring sport associations go in with an alternative plan (above would be an example) and a lawyer, the league will be more likely to listen.