Hey Kevin-
I read over baseball's and thought to share my ideas:

1. Player development has been delayed since the season suspended in March of this year. Some players, not all, have had the opportunity to play club soccer, but an open season would allow coaches to work with players on specific fundamental skills that have been neglected and are much needed before the season starts.
2. During the beginning of the spring sports season, weather can be an issue to get practice days in. If we do not have an open season and have weather issues during preseason, it will further delay preparation of players for the season.
3. Due to open season being cancelled, many outside organizations are inviting players to participate and not knowing their covid protocols and regulations it can put these players at risk.
4. In regards to soccer, there is minimal contact of equipment and cross contamination.
5. The lack of an open season reduces the amount of time the coaches and players have to acclimate together, complete tryouts, prep for scrimmages, and prepare for the overall season in less than a month. Teams are able to condition and weight train and some schools have sport specific classes in their curriculum that supports additional training, but not ALL schools or coaches have this opportunity.
6. Training can benefit the coach and players in more than sport specific ways, but also for emotional, social, and psycholgocial benefits; being with others in general.
7. Further, other sports were allowed full trainings throughout the off season if districts allowed it, ie. Camden High Football practiced all of the summer and were successful.
8. Most spring sports are not high contact amongst players like football and wrestling.

Take out what you want-I restated some from baseball and added some other thoughts.

Thanks for doing this!
Pam