Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
That makes sense that about the lease. My only thought would be that if they are pouring that much money into a facilty, the kids from all of Dorchester county should be able to benefit. Whether it’s soccer, lacrosse, frisbee, or anyone just exercising.... public money should mean the public has access. I know I’ve seen a surf team, a mt. Pleasant rec team and a csc team all practicing next to each other at Patriots. I think that is a good model for public space.

I don't disagree. My guess is CSC would ask for at least two things before entering into this agreement:
1. Priority of access for their teams.
2. Exclusivity from a club soccer standpoint.

Unlike the the example you state, in this case, CSC is giving up 100% access and control for 30 years for $5,000,000 in renovations. That is a considerable sacrifice on their part. I strongly doubt that they would not have language to ensure another club could just waltz in and directly compete with them on fields they once solely controlled.

If other other sports/clubs wanted access (lacrosse, frisbee, or anyone just exercising), that would make more sense.

Also, unsaid, and I do not have the answer to this, is who is responsible for the field maintenance going forward?

If the answer to the above is CSC, would CSC be willing to be on the hook for field maintenance for other groups?

If CSC continues to manage, maintain and line the fields, use their own goals, etc..., wouldn't outside organizations be expected to pay a rental fee like they do at Patriots Point (especially private groups)?

And if so, to whom?

If the Town is maintaining it, will they have someone dedicated to its scheduling?

Still a lot of questions out there.