Oh my, now you've done it, and dragged that up. We lost that one - 14th amendment (and various angles) didn't apply.
I think the court in its final statement provides a clear indication of their assessment of the issue.

“…That may be a powerful argument, but it is an argument appropriately addressed to the voters of Mount Pleasant and their elected representatives. This case presents no federal constitutional issue, and this Court cannot-and would not-take over management of local youth soccer on the basis of plaintiff s policy disagreements with local elected authorities.”

Not that we don’t have a reasonable ask, but that it is something for the local authorities to manage. A political issue, not legal.

To the main topic, I'm delighted to see some possible improvements to any facility (regardless of who pays). Mind you, I'd much rather see that money invested in new facilities. Honestly the CSC (SSC) complex has operated for years and I've never minded playing there. Bet our members would give a right arm for something similar in our neck of the woods.

For sure, you lose days to rain and wet, but who doesn't. Try operating in the sea level plains of East Cooper (parts of Trident still under water today)
In the grand scheme of things, I'd factor a 20% hit to schedules each year as opposed to maybe 10% on higher/better drained ground. So the delta isn't that great (point proven yesterday Carolina Park was closed (with its drainage) as well as Trident (without)).

Interesting to see where this goes and I'll look forward to any game out there (as is or improved).

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong