1. I prefer we have 3 scrimmages & a jamboree over 2 scrimmages. Not all teams are able to do a preseason tournament or jamboree (some jamborees may be too far for schools to attend), so having 3 scrimmages should be enough for a coach to be able to get a good look at his team before the official season begins.

2. Yes, with limitation to players who are playing club or are just finishing with club soccer.

3. No. Since most of my players play club soccer, summer is the only time they have "off" and many either relax or work.

4. Fall only. Most of my players are either in weightlifting classes or participate in our offseason weightlifting sessions. Since most play club soccer, many are getting fitness with their teams.

5. Excessive. Some red cards don't deserve a 3 match ban. There's also cases of referees who aren't very good overusing their authority.

6. There should be standards & guidelines that can be applied to all schools & create for a fair system. If a school is able to have students enroll out of their zone because of the type of school they are, there should be restrictions as majority of the public schools don't have that luxury.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com