1. Do you like the current two scrimmage and one jamboree policy? If not, what is your suggestion?

I prefer the option of more scrimmages. I think every season and team is in a different spot in regards to the need for training/games. More flexibility is always better.

2. Does your team take advantage of the Open Season in the Winter (20 days of with the ball training)?

Yes, very much so. Painful when we don't have it.

3. Does your team take advantage of the Open Season in the Summer? If so, explain - i.e. camps, clinics, 7v7, 11v11, daily/weekly training, etc.

We do not.

4. Does your team lift weights in the summer? In the fall? If so, explain.

We do not have anything organized specifically for soccer. We did at first with another (and very, very good S&C coach at the school), but since his replacement has come in, it hasn't been the same. The options for soccer have been limited. Most of the athletes take a weight lifting class instead of general PE as a substitute. However, curriculum requirements for the IB program at Flora makes this difficult for those students.

5. In regard to the three-game suspension for a red card in HS soccer, are you in agreement with this standard policy? Thoughts?

I think it's draconian and quite stupid to be honest. It shows either an ignorance of the sport or a lack of willingness by the SCHSL to differentiate between egregious red cards (fighting, spitting, dissent, etc.) and game-related red cards (such as deliberate hand ball or impeding an opponent through on goal). Understand that reviews are possible, but not over weekends. These penalties are more severe than the professional level standard of 1-2 match bans.

6. What are your thoughts on transfers and eligibility?

Above my paygrade. I think the system is very flawed because of the division of power between the SCHSL and school districts.