I agree this is reasonable.

Also, I realize that there is a severe shortage of refs, but I think there needs to be a way for coaches to evaluate/rate Centers/ARs per match (likewise refs for coaches). I realize that the losing team will sometimes feel jaded by perceived poor calls, as well as the winning team giving rave reviews, but there needs to be some sort of umbrella of accountability and standard to ensure a fair match is called. Obviously, they are not infallible and mistakes will be made, but mitigation of those calls would be the goal.
In my four seasons at Bluffton, we have been, dare I say victimized, by refs playing after our boys squad with their ridiculous antics. Some would say, “That is an internal issue”’ which it may be, but at the moment the girls have been penalized solely for playing at the same school. There is also the ramifications of playing outside one’s area and the biased approach some refs take towards their area’s team.
I guess the point is, with the way the officiating situation currently is there will be less qualified personnel doing matches, so why not institute a checks and balances system to reward the highly rated officials with higher pay. At minimum there’s some sort of incentive for a fairly called match. Idk, maybe I’m way off base and this is a ridiculous proposal. 🤷‍♂️ I apologize for the soap box.