The 2023 SCHSSCA Winter Clinic was a tremendous success and the event was enjoyed by all in attendance.

To kick the weekend off, the SCHSSCA held its first Hall of Fame induction since 2016 as Billy Andrews, Shannon Champ, Ed Khouri, and Steve Lea all entered the shrine. The luncheon was held at the Wingate by Wyndham and the luncheon was catered by Hudson's BBQ of Lexington.

A meeting with the All-Star game coaches followed along with a SCHSSCA Round Table that, quite frankly, could have been extended another 2-3 hours with the conversation it generated. I am sure we will see another segment of this discussion in the future.

The SCHSL Rules Meeting featured soccer liaison Charlie Wentzky conduct this annual session and the SCHSSCA expresses its' sincere gratitude on him making this available for our membership at the Winter Clinic.

The Friday SCHSSCA Business Meeting was hosted by Kevin Heise, Associate State Chairman and Winter Clinic Director, and provided a wealth of information for new and veteran members.

However, I believe the highlight of the evening was our Featured Speaker, Dustin Swinehart, who serves as the Director of Community Engagement with MLS club, Charlotte FC. The number of youth soccer endeavors, developments within the Carolinas, and the general "want to be here" feeling that Charlotte FC has for our states should resonate with any soccer enthusiast. I am sure we will see a continued relationship with this organization and the SCHSSCA moving forward.

Our Coaches Raffle, courtesy of sponsor Lloyd's Soccer, included 15 items ranging from cones, drinking glasses, hats, stocking caps, backpacks, etc., to a surprise gift for two sets of four match tickets to the Charlotte FC opening MLS contest this Spring that was provided by Dustin and MIchael Rapp, Group Tickets Manager for Charlotte FC, who accompanied Dustin on the 90-minute trip south to the Midlands.

On Saturday, the SCHSSCA along with Congaree Rapid FC hosted the Senior Showcases for Boys and Girls interested in participating in either the North-South Soccer Classic or the Clash of the Carolinas this June. The event was attended not only by the All-Star coaches, but also other prep soccer coaches and collegiate coaches from the Carolinas. This was staged at the West Columbia Soccer Complex and included 50 players from around the Palmetto State.