Kevin, whether you will agree or not, you have an advantage that regular public schools do not have. That advantage has served Gray well as evident by the number of State Championships across sports, in a relatively short span of time.

If you were in my region, I would play. I think that a school should. I wouldn't play as a non-region game, (as I do now) because I don't need the beat down. Just like I play Flora as a region match and wouldn't schedule them as a non-region match. When we play them, we set other goals and strive for things other than the final score. We compete as well as we can, but they have too many advantages that my players do not have. I try to make the best of it and teach my girls a life lesson with it. It is not easy. It really gets a player down. I don't think in the end it helps our game at all.

I also wouldn't schedule you if you had a player that was on my team or lived in my zone. There is nothing worse than playing against a player that should, for all intent purposes, be playing on your team and helping your team get better.

Many have given ideas on how to fix this issue. Such as move Charter schools to SCISA, move them up a class, promotion/relegation, boycott them, are just a few. I am not sure any of them will "fix" the problem of lop-sided wins. But some of them would "fix" the idea that a regular public school has to compete against a charter school and the advantage that you have.

I think in all of this there is a bigger question?

What does an obviously superior team get out of beating an obviously disadvantaged team, 21-0? Never being on the winning side of this, I would love to hear your answer to this.

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!