Originally Posted by Cav
I have no doubt that you tried to everything possible to affect this game in a positive manner. We've known each other for a VERY long time and I have no doubt that you only have the best interest of our game in mind.

I hope this next story will give you a different perspective. As we prepared for a team that had already beat us down and have beaten us down for years, I asked my players if they wanted to pack it in or try something different. They wanted to compete! They just wanted to play, come what may. I was taken aback. I came to realize that often for the kids on the unfortunate team it is about playing. It is about just getting out there and playing regardless of the score. In the end that is the best thing for our players.

I see who is in your region and I am sure that you can have 20-0 games often if you want to push it.

Best of luck in the remainder of your season. Mine will end much sooner than yours.
Thank you for sharing your perspective, and it's clear that you genuinely care about your players and the spirit of the game. Sometimes, the love for playing and the camaraderie between teammates matter the most.