Benp-
How exactly is PG a dissapointment? I really think that statement is unbased--PG has good wins over an excellent HHC team and is second in the region right now on the eve of a deciding match against PW. I have not seen any upstate team play other than CN, but I think it unwise to assume that BL and CN will definetly be meeting for the championship and to consider PG a dissapointment. PG usually starts 2 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 2 juniors, and only 2 seniors. They are right where they need to be.
If you are referring to PG's performance in the shadow of 10 state championships since 1991, then I would argue that the level of play in SCISA has gone up rather than PG going down. PG is 7-1 in the conference. They beat WH 3-1 in a preseason scrimmage. Granted, WH has improved dramatically. Yet so have Heathwood and Hammond. I would not label any team right now a dissapointment.
I am not usually one to stir the pot on such an exhausted topic, but I fail to see as a player just how PG is a dissapointment. PG has consistently been a regional and statewide contender and has in the past knocked off several public school powerhouses, most notably in the fabled matches against Dorman and Wando on the grassy plains of the Cage and Patriot's Point. PG has respect for every team they play as well as every SCISA team in the state.
I do not by any means imply that PG is a powerhouse or a dominant force in SCISA. From what I have heard BL, CN, Heathwood, Hammond, PW, and HHC all have a great shot at the title. PG has played every game with modesty and patience and has played very tough matches against great squads from BA, HHC, and PW. If, after doing so, they still appear to be a "dissapointment," then I respect that opinion. I just want to shed light upon a different perspective. Best of luck to all teams.