The soccer community of Lexington 5 must be feeling pretty good this morning as they read of the exploits of Irmo and Dutch Fork. I hope this community really feels that they had a hand in all of this, because it's obvious to me that they have.

You are obviously blessed with some fine coaches in Phil and Wayne.And you can't talk of the Columbia area without mentioning the emergence of the B-C and Dreher progams the past 15 years and the time the Heise and Eudy families spend with B-C.

How about Kevin's fine program at RV and that #1 national program of a few years ago.Dave Clark's S.V. program has been right there and been bitten by some horrible luck in the play-offs. Columbia has certainly been a dominant area and it makes one wonder what kind of powerhouse Irmo would be if Dutch Fork wasn't there.

So Phil and Wayne, cogratulations and who ever wins , your community is the real winner.

On a side note.After reading the comments about games having to end with P.K'S. A playoff game back in 79 or 80 between Irmo and Sumter went 10 or 11 overtimes. I think it was the following year that the HSL adopted the current system. Perhaps we need to re-examine and have a goal scored on the field determining the winner.