What I'm trying to say is that goalkeepers take some credit, but not more than they deserve. Usually a goalkeeper has more credit than one man on the field because of the importance of good goalkeeping. Field players do swing games more often than keepers, but a single field player usually doesn't change the game as much as the man in the goal. Its the team as a whole that determines whether they are winners or not, so the keeper doesn't take all the credit.

Also I agree with the amount of shots per game on a keeper thats on a GOOD team, but when playing against a hard, ranked team he or she playing the keeper might find it a bit harder than regular games, but saving shots isn't all what a keeper is about. Not to mention, when back in the net, one mistake could mean a goal. So basically for 90 minutes, the pressure is on.

Something I've heard, mostly in other american sports like football and basketball; "Offense wins games, but defence wins championships." And guess who the leader of the defence in soccer usually is or should be.