OldRef,
Thanks...that means a lot! We knew we were in for a run against your team that night...HH is not a team I wanted to face with my starting keeper in Colorado snowboarding and a starting defender in goal, where she'd never actually played in a match before. Talk about a trial by fire for her! All part of the twists of the game, though; you brought us a great team, and they did just what they were trained to do--I expected no less! I told the girls just to hang on, learn from every moment, keep their spirits up, and play 80 no matter what the scoreboard said, and they did just that.

My starting keep, of course, wound up in a Colorado hospital with a snowboarding concussion(hey, it's just a weekend trip, what could go wrong?)--took her a bit to get back steady. She took another accidental knee to the head against West Ashley, wound up seeing double for most of that game, and missed two more games in goal against Timberland and Stratford. Hey...what's a season without challenges?

My thanks to people like you for recognizing effort and love of the game even when the chips are down. Encouragement from other, well-established sources helps give our girls incentive to keep working, keep improving, and keep closing the gap. Thanks again, and best of luck to HH in the battle for Region VIII-AAAA! Looking forward to seeing the report from HH/Summerville on Friday--should be another awesome game, boys and girls!

Oh, and benp...call it a long shot...but I stand by that assumption... ;-)