God I love tournaments. The players, fans and atmosphere is just great. Of all of the tournaments that I have been to over the past many years (Club and School), the Palmetto Cup is consistently one of my favorites. The quality of play, quality of fan and quality of organization is just tremendous. Once again, I would like to take an opportunity to publically thank Kevin, Kyle and the many volunteers and sponsors that make this possible every year. I believe that many (especially many of the young men) do not fully appreciate what a great opportunity it is to have this tournament available, or the amount of effort that goes into the tournament organization each year.

One note on the play and results at the tournament (primarily addressed to allstate-status) - NW is our concensus #1. Other than a few fans blinded by their own team loyalty (and I do not believe that OldRef is one of them), I do not believe and have not heard anyone state otherwise. Relax and don't be so defensive. Part of the fun is speculating on future matches and anyone that speculates that NW can be beat is not taking anything away from NW. In the end, all of our collective speculation is meaningless - its decided on the field and NW has certainly earned its status.

We have a few good weeks of school soccer left and then its time to crank up Club. God help me, I do love this.