To all,

There is a lot of interest in Northwestern at this particular time.

First let me congratulate Kevin and Kyle Heise and all the support staff for a wonderful tournament. It was very well run and what a classy touch that the final was held on such a magnificent pitch.

Secondly, Northwestern players are respectfully requested not to post on this message board. I have no information to believe that they do. The Northwestern soccer program cannot, and does not wish to, control other person’s opinions and posts.

Thirdly, Coach Finotti did not turn down a chance to play Northwestern because no offer was made. Coach Finotti and I are very close friends and communicate regularly. It was a common sense decision to not schedule the match. I don’t think anybody could have foreseen the almost identical success of both teams. My best wishes to Coach Finotti and his Greenville team for the remainder of the season.

Lastly, I am very proud of my players and the way they have performed all season. For those that wanted to know the stats for the Palmetto Cup final they are listed below:

GAME #19 – 4/15/06 – NHS ranked #1 in AAAA
Palmetto Cup - Finals
Vs Farragut, TN ranked #5 in Tennessee AAA @ USC Stone Stadium

Score: NHS 10 – FHS 1
Shots: NHS 29 – FHS 7
Corners: NHS 7 – FHS 2
Saves: NHS 5 – BCHS 10
Taylor Crawford – 5
Goals:
Ryan Kropp – 3 (8,9&10)
Enzo Martinez – 3 (24,25&26)
Vance Benson – 1 (17)