quote:
Not to be overly pessimistic but....
Those national rankings are only for schools playing in the spring AND only for teams whose coaches are members of the NCSAA AND from what I understand, the coach has to recommend (for lack of better word) their team for ranking.

I agree G'vegas and NW are good teams, but it is rather humorous to read in the HS section that a SC is #1 in the nation but read in the other sections how SC may not be up to par with the rest of the country.

14 states play boys high school soccer in the spring -- Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.

Only NSCAA members can vote in this poll, but it includes all teams regardless of whether that particular team's coach is a member of the NSCAA or not. Typically what happens is that after the rankings are compiled at the state level, then the "top five" teams are submitted to Kevin Denson, who chairs the Region I (SC-TN-VA). For more information, check out the FAQs .