Some past and present “Big Fish from Small Ponds”

Robert Hunter - Waccamaw, then transferred to IMG (Furman)
Jamal Geathers - Lincoln, then transferred to Aiken (USC)
Michael Barnhill - Aynor (Coastal University)
Justin Blomdahl - Waccamaw
Preston Meyers - Lincoln
Eric Gladden - Dixie

I wouldn’t necessarily penalize nor belittle the accomplishments of a player who is a victim of his or hers geography. I have seen many players from our club travel great distances to play for other clubs and I have also seen players travel great distances to play for a team in our club. I have seen parents move their entire family and even break-up their family to have their child play for other schools. I have seen families pay extraordinarily large amounts of money to send their children away to schools that have better teams. I have seen families sneak players across school districts, and I have seen families sponsor other players, so they could play for their school. I can neither condone nor censure the decisions made on behalf of these players and I sincerely hope that these decisions are made in the best interest of the player. In any event, let the “Big Fish” have their day, let them enjoy the fruits of their labor, and let them enjoy the game. Besides, that is why we have different classes (4A, 3A, 2A, 1A, SCISA). If we didn’t, what chance would a player from Ware Shoals, Lewisville, Mullins, or Garrett Tech have of ever being noticed… “Keep Playing Hard Big Fish” and someone will take notice…