Coach Anastasia, sorry but your kids aren't quite as innocent as you think. You clearly can't deny that it was your player who started the fight by pulling down a freshman half his size: that's fact. No mater what was said, he made the first physical contact.
Again, the only punches thrown were in the fight towards the end of the game, not by the keeper.
I can also back up that there was a great deal of trash talk, both teams guilty.
But lets think about the whole issue from a distance.
BE controlled the game with no problem, no significant threats on goal(the one goal scored was a lofty free kick flicked on over Callandra who was off his line way too early). Did BE have any reason to be frustrated?
Barnwell doesn't receive all the blame, but the initial reason that all of this happened was because some of their players took exception to being routed by a far better BE team.
This game has changed my mind about BE's classification, and I now firmly believed that an exception should be made to push the soccer team up to 3A, where the higher level of play deters problems like this from happening.