OK. I just got done talking to a spectator from todays game, a player at Wilson Hall, who told me that there weren't a whole lot of people there, and they weren't very loud, mainly just parents, and that after the first half, the game wasn't even that exciting.
BL Cardinal Newman game: around 20-30 Ben Lippen students tailgated before the game, and then got there for kickoff, plus the many that didn't, and all the parents. Throwin the many cardinal newman spectators in the small Cardinal Newman field area along with the barrel drums, and the plastic horns, and just the wildest of fans. Then, you take into account the intesnsity of this close game, and the excitement that came after each goal (players running into the stands, and all the self control in the world to keep the bench from running completely onto the field. Now you have a rivalry atmosphere. From what I've heard, along with the results of the PP PG game, it is a rivalry, but its just a game, and PP comes out on top nearly every time for the past 4 years. This is the first time Ben Lippen has EVER beaten Cardinal Newman twice, and you would have to go back to 2000 (if my memory serves me correctly) to find the last time Cardinal Newman beat Ben Lippen more than once in a year (2-1). I think that the point was, people were saying that the game would be close because its a rivalry game, and in an atmosphere like BL CN, yes, that is the case. The atmosphere just isn't at the PP PG game, and the results, and the recaps I've been told show it.