Regarding the comment that B-C is always ranked highly because Kevin Heise runs this board, the fact is that Kyle and I run the board. Kevin has removed himself from moderating any forum but the Coaches Association forum. As far as the comment "were they even good last year", since 1993 they are 175-44-3 for a .795 winning percentage ... eighth best in the state over that period of time. They were region champs (or co-champs) in '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, and runners-up in '96.

Anyone is welcome to start, run, and maintain their own website to promote their own interests -- so feel free to do so if it bothers you so much. It is amazing that someone would accuse Kyle of anything like that ... unless that person was unfamiliar with the amount of volunteer time donated by Kyle (and to a lesser extent, the amount of time spent by me) to keep the state abreast of such a vast amount of soccer information in both this forum and in updating the schedules and scores throughout the state.

As far as B-C's team this year, I've seen them play three times and in a scrimmage. They have the potential to be a quality team when they play well. The team, in my opinion, is finding it difficult to fill both the skillful shoes of members departing last year (Troy Lesesne's ability to score and Jeffrey Horton's ability to stop, to name just two) and the gaps in leadership which have opened as a result of the graduation of last year's seniors. Thomas Mann and Jabari Seabrook have a lot of pressure on them to produce, but they are merely two of eleven. Cory Smith is solid in the net.

But they have a ways to go before they can show everyone that they could contend for a championship ring this season. This is the first year that the Bearcats have had to deal with the pressures of having a 'great big bullseye' on them due to success over the past few years - culminating in last year's state runner-up finish.

They have shown that they CAN play with the state's best (win over Summerville, tie with Riverside), and yet can be defeated by teams that work hard, hustle, and take advantage of their opportunities. It is up to their players to show what they have each game. They have yet to do that in both their losses this season.

Coach Easley