Between ref-ing and coaching I have been watching most of these players since before they were in high school. Here is the way I see it breaking down:

Best "pure goal scorer": Bryn Post, with Kelly Schneider a close second. Bryn did score a lot of cheapies against the Lakewoods, Crestwoods, and L.R.'s, but, she also came up big in big games. Also, it is my understanding that Bryn is a little burnt out and was not really concerned about playing in college. If that is the case, I say, good luck with your studies!

Best defender: No doubt, Stacy Simpson. Sorry, Stacy, I know you like the midfield but your a natural in defense. Toughest, grittiest player I have seen come out of SC. Good luck at Furman!

Best "all-around player": No doubt here either, Lindsay Beam. If her only weakness is composure (and I have not noticed that to be true), may I remind everyone that she is only a sophomore!

Best goalkeeper: This one is easy. Laura Snell is, by far, the No. 1 keeper in the state. She will be playing for Karen Richter at Auburn next year. And Karen knows a little about goalkeepers, she is the goalkeeper coordinator for the US Women's National Team program. Laura has also been nominated to play in the McDonald's All-American game.

Stacy and Laura will get to go at it again next year when Auburn plays Furman.

Props also to Ashleigh Messervy, and Abi Nicholas.