A few good things to say about the JI-WA game: Both teams worked very hard and are to be commended for playing a relatively clean game. I only counted 12 total fouls, and they were almost evenly split. I didn't hear any trash talk on the field or from either bench. Although there wasn't much of a formal line after the game for handshakes, most of the girls shook hands with whoever was nearest. The JI players were understandably upset after the game, and WA was understandably jubuliant. The WA girls didn't act like they thought the JI girls were being poor sports, and I didn't hear anything negative said about JI on the bus ride home either. WA was in the same position a year ago, and they knew how JI felt. The thing after the game was more bizarre than anything, and it didn't have anything to do with JI's team, coaches, or parents. The goal by JI was a thing of beauty by two excellent forwards. Its a mystery to me why #17 wasn't selected to the all state team. She is the best forward we have seen all season. Luckily, she has another year to play, and I hope she finally gets the credit she deserves. Also, the JI coaches did their homework, and WA was not able to do the same things they had done in the first two games. In short, it was a hard fought, emotional game. Yes, JI dominated a significant portion of the game, but WA did enough to win. I know they will represent the lowcountry well in Columbia.